I realized, it being the New Year and all, that I should probably do some highlights of 2013. After all, I’m very grateful for last year, even if a new one is upon us.
(They are in no particular order)
1. We bought a new house and our FIRST house at that.
2. We were lucky enough to get picked for HGTV’s House Hunters Renovations. You may see us on reruns! (see above pictures of the work we did)
3. I turned 30! And I did so surrounded by all my family and friends that I love so dearly.
4. I passed my state boards exam and became a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT).
5. We spent a week in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Beautiful, relaxing, and a great vacation.
6. We celebrated the wedding of our friends, Robin and Rolando.
7. We saw Fleetwood Mac at The Hollywood Bowl (my birthday present).
8. We saw Zac Brown Band at The Hollywood Bowl (Jason’s birthday present).
9. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary – at Il Cielo!
10. We decorated for our 1st Christmas in our new house.
10. We held our first holiday celebration (Christmas) at our house.
12. Hopefully, we started an Annual Hot Chocolate Party tradition.
13. We met and have become fast friends with our new neighbors across the street.
14. We enjoyed many a celebration (Memorial Day, 4th of July) in our backyard, barbecuing.
15. We celebrated the wedding of our friends, Lital and Craig.
16. The dogs enjoyed their new place to play, the backyard.
17. Pumpkins were carved and candy was handed out for Halloween.
18. Jason turned 31!
19. Even after the renovations, our house got a little more fixer-upper love with a new mantel.
20. We ate and danced at our Christmas parties.
21. We wished everyone a Happy Holiday with our 2nd annual family Christmas card.
22. And we rang in the New Year with style and, of course, with bubbly!
There is so much more I can include and so many more events and moments we enjoyed as much as the ones I mentioned. Above all, we are so grateful for being able to spend time and make memories with all those we love and we were so fortunate this last year with so many opportunities. We hope the same was true for you and we hope that 2014 will be just as good, if not even better!